Basic Arma Tips

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by TwinMasters, Sep 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TwinMasters

TwinMasters
    Private Second Class

I just wanted to post some videos here for people to take a look at. These videos showcase some simple tips for players new to Arma 3, so I thought I'd put them in here in case anyone is completely new to Arma.

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT REPLACE TRAINING.
    The videos merely detail the basics of Arma gameplay (Infantry, armored vehicles, helicopters etc.) that I believe everyone should familiarize themselves with. It doesn't include anything about mods like ACE 3 (since it was contractual work for Bohemia Interactive), and doesn't get into any specifics like how to do bounding overwatch and such. Even then, nothing beats experience which is what the training is there for.

2. Despite

Despite
    Corporal

3. Dr. Microwave

Dr. Microwave New Member

Imma add some of his other vids here

Second and third ones are pretty relevant to us as well.

4. Daxter Kozloski

Daxter Kozloski
    Private

Might as well name this thread "Subscribe to Dslyecxi"

5. Dr. Microwave

Dr. Microwave New Member

Trust me, these guides are actually useful.

6. Daxter Kozloski

Daxter Kozloski
    Private

there are other guides for things relevant to the mods we use and not just procedure, it's easier to teach a player how to act in a way that is beneficial to the team through training, but things like specific useful keybindings, how to effectively use the range card to calculate ballistics, or just which ammo is superior in certain ways to others are harder to do in training which is what the videos in this thread should be in my opinion, things that are useful, apply to us or the mods we use, and cant be taught with a simple training session.

7. Dr. Microwave

Dr. Microwave New Member

So would this be more appropriate?

Also, I would disagree, in that you can teach keybindings and such through training sessions. In fact, it might be the only plausible way. Nobody would really wanna sit through a 5-20 minute video talking about it, but if you are actually talking to someone who is literally showing you how it works, and explaining it, then that sense of interaction would engage them more.
    As well, I do think that if we're gonna be serious we should actually brush up on procedures and tactics. And that isn't what this video is entirely about. Hell, I actually first learned about how to range scopes in ArmA through the 'Snipers and Launchers' video.
    On that note, it also highlights what functions specific roles are supposed to take and such.
    You have a valid point, I just think that its foolish to simply dismiss what this guy discusses. And I would also state that tactics and keybindings are of equal importance to learn. While you can learn all the keybindings, if you are unable to effectively coordinate with your team its not going to amount to much. I would say that they are of roughly equal relevance.
    Here's another vid showcasing motar ranging in ACE (because I'm fairly certain we all use artillery computers).

-+EDIT+-
    I also should have mentioned that this thread is for BASIC ArmA tips. You're talking about more advanced stuff, involving mods, whereas most of the videos posted are simple fundamentals for the game.

8. Daxter Kozloski

Daxter Kozloski
    Private

yes very much so
    when I said keybindings I meant the ones that are more complex and obscure like for the vector 21 and all of its uses

or how to use the MicroDAGR with the vector

or even how to get an accurate zeroing, because you and twin (at least) says that the zeroing always works like the distance minus 100m then divide by 100 and that's what you should set your zero to

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  9. TwinMasters

TwinMasters
    Private Second Class

Yeah, that's because the RHS ACE3 compatibility add-ons are not consistent with vanilla ACE3 settings so rather than set the native zeroing on the optic to 0, it sets it to 100. Otherwise, You would only have to adjust the zeroing to 3 if you want to hit 300m. And it's not so much a matter of keybinding as it is learning how to zero, because even in vanilla you have to use PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN to zero optics.

10. Daxter Kozloski

Daxter Kozloski
    Private

RHS weapons don't follow the d/100-1m rule neither do vanilla weapons or any of the weapons we use, while the rule can be accurate it is more often inaccurate.

the keybindings part was for the vector 21, because of the amount actions that tab and r can do that is specific to that item.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  11. Gandy

Gandy New Member

You should report that to the online tabloid VICE

Mord likes this.
  12. Daxter Kozloski

Daxter Kozloski
    Private

I totally agree